is it for you?
To help you decide if Collaboration is the best choice for you, ask yourself the following questions-
- Do I want a civilised, respectful resolution of the issues arising from my separation?
- Do I want to keep open the possibility of civil contact with my spouse/partner in the future?
- Do I want to have the best co-parenting relationship possible with my spouse/partner?
- Do I want to protect my children from the fallout associated with traditional court cases?
- Do we have friends and/or extended family in common that each of us wants to keep in contact with?
- Do I want to take personal responsibility for handling this conflict with integrity
- Do I want to retain control over the decision making as opposed to leaving it to a judge?
- Do I want to reach an outcome more specific and suitable to my personal family situation?
- Do I understand that conflict resolution with integrity involves not only achieving my goals but also finding a way to achieve the reasonable goals of my spouse/partner and our children?
- Will I commit all my resources and energy towards creative problem solving rather than towards seeking recrimination and/or revenge?
- Am I ready to fix the problem rather than to fix blame?
If you can answer “Yes” to these questions, and you think that your spouse/partner will do the same, then you collaboration is probably the best choice for you.
Find out more >